I am the luckiest girl ever! I got to back to California again this year to visit my friends ! We had the BEST time, everything was perfect. My sister-in-law Melanie and nephew, Casey were kind enough to pick me up at the airport. I spent the afternoon with them. We ate lunch at Fresh Choice, one of the places I miss, great soup and salads. We did a little shopping and hung out at their place, trying to get Casey to take a nap. When Moe got home from work I took them out to dinner. It was to celebrate Melanie's birthday. We went to a Mexican place that they like. After dinner they took me over to Linda's where I would be staying for a few days.
Staying at Linda's was like being at a bed and breakfast! She really made me feel so welcome. She had fresh flowers from her beautiful yard in the bathroom and kitchen every morning. We would go out in her garden to have breakfast. Her yard could be in
Better Homes and Gardens, it is fabulous!
My second day in heaven Linda, Dana, Melinda and I went on an overnight getaway to Carmel and Pacific Grove. These two places have to be high on the list of the most beautiful places in the world. On our way to Carmel we stopped in Castroville at a fruit stand to buy some fresh strawberries. They were huge! Castroville is the artichoke capitol of the world, but there is a lot of other great produce grown in the area too.
We spent the day walking around Carmel. There are quaint little shops and restaurants. Everywhere you go there are beautiful flowers and plants, they must love the ocean air. We ate lunch at a cute little place called The Cottage. The food was great, especially the artichoke soup.
We went to the Carmel bakery to get macaroons. We discovered them last year and couldn't wait to get our hands (and mouths) on them again!! They are the BEST !!


We like to go to this great cheese shop. They let you sample all of the cheeses. They have hundreds of varieties from all over the world. Some are pretty bad, even for a cheese lover like me!
Day 3 of my trip was another perfect day! First of all we slept as long as we wanted to, which in my world never happens, so that was very nice. We ate breakfast at one of our favorite places, Toasties in Pacific Grove.



2 comments:
Jody, those photos look great!
What a great trip! I am so happy for you! I LOVE the pictures!
Post a Comment