Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Superbowl Splurge!

In our family the Superbowl is all about the FOOD!! Seriously, I didn't even know who was playing in the Superbowl until the end of the first quarter! Ha,ha! This was our second annual Fry Fest with my brother Scott and his family. In addition to the fry fest, we broke-in the new chocolate fountain!! What's a few more thousand calories!? We made homemade corndogs and cheese on a stick. Scott fried Snickers, Reeses and chocolate Zingers. The Reeses were the best and one bite of the Zinger made Katie and I both gag! It was just too much! We also had artichoke dip, stuffed mushrooms and little smokies wrapped in bacon. We did actually have a vegetable tray, you can see from the picture how popular that was! All I can say is that it's a good thing the Superbowl only comes around once a year! It took a few days to recover from this splurge!
Scott dipping the the finale of the fry fest, the Zinger!
Homemade corndogs.
The beloved Chocolate Fountain...mmmm.
Katie and Keaton at the fountain.
Kimball was in heaven!
Cousins playing games, not too into the Superbowl.

This is what the veggie tray looked like at the end of the party, sad huh?

2 comments:

Christine said...

Just reading this post made me gain 5 pounds! But definitely worth it!

Sant Family said...

Wow. The Superbowl was a HUGE thing down here. I mean HUGE. Primary involved and everything. We had great food too. Someone brought a salad and it looked the same as your veggie tray - which looks delicious, by the way. I love the colors and some crisp cukes sound fabulous right now!