Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tagged by Missy

I have never actually taken the opportunity to do a Tag but this one is pretty fun so I'll give it a try. Since I'm using this blog as a sort of journal this will be good to record for posterity right?

What was I doing ten years ago? (1998)



I was a mommy to two little kids, well almost two, I was still pregnant with Marlie. We were living in Wellington, Ut. in our first house. Keaton was about to turn 3 and was about to put me into an early grave. I just remember that he was so difficult. I'm sure being pregnant didn't help my tolerance level but I was always exhausted in every way trying to raise this kid! He was so big that I couldn't physically make him do anything he refused to do, so it was very frustrating. he still wasn't potty trained and the baby was coming soon. He still had to be next to me to fall asleep. I started letting him fall asleep on the couch because I was too pregnant to lay in his twin bed with him. He had to have chocolate milk in a sippy cup to go to bed too, most of the time he didn't even drink it, he just wanted to hold it. I was Young Women's President in my ward. I guess 10 years ago I was busy trying to figure out how to be a parent! (I'm still trying to figure it out !!)


5 things on my "to do" list today
1) mop the kitchen floor, it's getting scary.
2) make cookies for "thank you's"
3) laundry, that's on my list EVERYDAY
4) go to Savers to look for things to sell on Ebay
5) go to Enrichment Night


5 things that I enjoy

1) Photography, definitely #1
2) Gardening, growing things, especially flowers.
3) Traveling. There are so many places that I would love to see.
4) Social get togethers, parties, family gatherings, game nights, etc..
5) Cooking, trying new recipes.


3 of my bad habits
Only 3? It's hard to choose only 3. I don't want to be too revealing,
so these are some of the least serious bad habits........:)

1) Gas station nachos.....YUM.
2) Not washing my face before bed and applying anti-wrinkle cream.
3) Not exercising.....bad,bad,bad!!!!




5 places I have lived

1) Idaho:Blackfoot and Pocatello

2) Utah: Provo,Orem, Wellington, Payson

3) Laie, Hawaii

4) Tokyo, Japan

5) Cupertino, CA



5 jobs I have had

1) McDonald's cashier- yes, back when the uniforms were brown polyester.

2) I worked at two different garden center/nurseries

3) apartment manager

4) Retail cashier (KB Toys, Kmart, Gymboree)

5) real estate appraisal photographer



5 things people don't know about me

I am a pretty open book, so there isn't a lot people don't know about me but I'll give it a shot.


1) I was in the Jr, Miss pageant in high school (I know you are all laughing)

2) It took me 7 years of going to college to get my bachelor degree, nine years after I graduated from high school. But I did it!

3) I don't know how to swim.

4) I spent 6 weeks in Europe after I graduated from high school. I was visiting and traveling with my friend Stine who lives in Denmark. What a great experience!!

5) I want to go to culinary school someday. I also have a secret dream of opening an ice cream store. Payson really needs an ice cream store. :)


I am tagging everyone who reads this! Try it, it's fun. Just do it!!





































































2 comments:

Sant Family said...

You really don't know how to swim?! Wow. I would have never guessed that.

Yes, Payson does need an icecream store! Have you heard of Maggie Moos? We have it here and it is better than Cold Stone or Leatherbys. Yummy!!

I love the picture of you and Bryce!

Missy said...

Nobody ever does my tags! Glad you took me up on it and it's great for journaling I thought too!
Didn't know you've been to Europe! We'll have to talk unless the only place you went was to Denmark cuz I won't be going there...
Oh! Easter Sunday we'll be getting together. Lynnette said that day worked best for her and that's fine with us...we just haven't figured out the details but I wanted you to know!