Sunday, June 1, 2008
Landscaping Plans
Everyone that knows me very well knows that I get big ideas, sometimes they work out and sometimes I never figure out how to make them happen. Hopefully my ideas for our garden work out. We are doing pretty good so far. We finished building the garden boxes and have started digging out the space for the brick walkways. I didn't know how much the brick was going to cost when I was planning this project, so after I realized that I couldn't afford to buy pavers or new brick I started looking for some used brick for sale or free. I lucked out and found an add on KSL classified for free brick. A guy was tearing down part of his house and I went over and helped him. I chipped all of the mortar off the brick and loaded it all. It is really old brick and has a lot of character. Some of it was from the chimney so it has black markings. I think it will look great as long as I can figure out how to lay it down right. So here are the "before" pictures, stay tuned for the finished project ! Hopefully soon! 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I don't know how much brick is, but if you scraped mortar off and moved ALL THOSE bricks, it must be a fortune!!
I can see great potential with what you have going on there! You go girl!
Well it probably isn't a lot to some people but when you are poor, like us, $1.00 per brick x300+ was too much. So I paid for it with sweat and time !!
Post a Comment