Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

Our Valentines Day celebrations started on Friday. The kids of course had their Valentine's Day parties at school. I went and helped in Jace's class. I helped with a Bingo game as one of the stations that the kids rotated through. Having 1st graders pass out Valentines too each other is a great way to create pure chaos! It was amazing that the Valentines all got delivered to their destinations!
The first half of my day I spent making sugar cookies. Growing up my mom always made us a giant heart cookie with our name on it. When we came home from school it would be waiting on the counter for us with a valentine and sometimes a small gift. I always loved that so I want to carry on that tradition with my kids. This is the first year I made them the big cookie. I usually make heart cookies but I made them their own special big one this year.
Keaton had his Klondike campout on Friday night so I saw him off to that. I am so glad that I didn't have to go camping in the snow with him! That just doesn't sound like fun to me.


Bryce is such a great husband! He always is very thoughtful on holidays. In the morning he brought me an array of chocolate treats to me while I was still in bed. What made that even better was that he was up and dressed ready to take Marlie to her basketball game at 8:oo! He came home from Marlie's game with bags of groceries to make breakfast for us. He made waffles with fresh berries and whip cream, bacon and fresh mango and kiwi.(He bought the good orange juice too!)

Keaton made it home in the afternoon without any frostbite. He was really tired and fell asleep on the couch soon after he got home. He said he didn't sleep very much because it was too cold.

Bryce and I had reservations to P.F. Changs for dinner. It has kind of become a tradition to go there on Valentine's Day. It was soooooo good! I love amost everything we have tried there. Of course the lettuce wraps are the best. We had two of our very favorites, Honey shrimp with candied walnuts (I'm allergic to walnuts so Bryce eats those) and Beef Chow Fun. YUMMMY!



We got a chocolate dome dessert to go. We went to the movies and saw Push. I can't say I recommend it. It wasn't terrible but it is definitely a one-timer. I even almost fell asleep and I usually don't do that in a movie theater, at home on the couch, yes, but it takes a lame movie for that to happen in the theater. So we had a fun night out together. After we got home I was relaxing on the couch with my laptop and Bryce walks in and hands me these huge, beautiful, chocolate dipped strawberries. He really spoiled me today, what a lucky girl I am to have such a wonderful husband.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

You are so freakin' domestic... always making something delicious for your family to eat! I wish I could raid your recipe book! :)

Sant Family said...

You are such a great mom! I love the heart shaped cookies idea. I might steal that from you. We really don't do much for Valentines Day in our family. It's just not our thing. But I am thinking that I would like to make more of it...