
Keaton turned 14 last week. He wanted to go ice skating with his friends so that's what he did that day. I took them to The Peaks Arena, an indoor skating rink (where the some of the olympic events were in 2002). Before they went skating I took them to Arby's to get dinner. I know what you are thinking, "Oh, cheap dinner" well that's what I thought too until 4 teenage boys ordered and the total was $33.00. I guess it could have been more somewhere else but I'm not used to spending that much at a fast food place. After they went skating for a couple of hours I picked them up and we went to Baskin Robbins on the way home. Since he was with his friends all evening we waited until we went to Idaho for spring break to have his family party. He did get one of his presents a couple of days before his birthday. He wanted a mountain bike. He and Bryce went and looked at some used ones at a bike shop and found one he liked. Even a good used bike isn't cheap so that was about all he got this year. The older kids get the more expensive they get! Now that he's a teenager he is getting a strong opinion about what is "cool" and what isn't. He is also learning that he gets to help pay for things if they are out of mom and dads acceptable price range. Usually that keeps his feet on the ground!


Grandma and Grandpa Johnson gave Keaton golf clubs for his birthday. He was so surprised and so excited. Grandpa and Grandma are big golfers and their love for golf has started to rub off on Keaton. When I think about it all I see is $$$$.


No comments:
Post a Comment