Sunday, February 24, 2008

ALAN JACKSON LIVE!!!!!



On Feb. 8th Alan Jackson came to SLC. Keaton loves AJ so we gave him tickets for Christmas. It was so fun seeing him at his first concert. He was so excited! My sister Lori is the world biggest AJ fan. She came down from Idaho with my neice Jessica and my parents and we all went to the concert together. We had a lot of fun. I have resisted being a country music fan for years! I would say for the last year and a half or so I have been converted. I still like other music too but I am a fan of country now. I was joking with Lori on the way to the concert saying that AJ's song "Gone Country" was written about me. The song says, "Gone country, back to her roots....". I guess I still have some Idaho in me!! The cool thing is that was the first song he played when he came out! It was pretty funny. Keaton is taking guitar lessons now and loved watching all of the guitar playing.

It was a fun weekend!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Missy said...

Isn't he old?? It seems like he's been around a while. It looks like you got kickin' seats and it would be fun to go with all your family no matter who it is! Fun stuff! Now you're definitely converted!

Jody Hancock said...

Yeah, he's been around for about 20 yrs! Heis getting better lookiing as he is getting older! My sister is so in love with him! I just think he has some good songs.

Sant Family said...

I didn't like country until we moved to Santaquin so it must be in the water. That concert looks like a lot of fun.

Just please, never let anyone you love wear the tight wranglers. Eeeww. They are so gross!

Jody Hancock said...

I'm with you on that! I don't like the boots and hats either. Luckily Keaton just likes the music!

ClistyB said...

MISSY!!!!!!!!!! Isnt he old? I would pinch you right now if I were near you! You twentysomething! HAH!
ok, Jodi, I have been wanting to read Alan's wife's book that was recently released, on the biz and all that stuff. I am sure Keaton has Al's new album, is it good, I mean GOOD good?

Jody Hancock said...

Clisty,
Since it only came out TODAY (maybe yesterday?) we haven't gotten it yet. I'm sure it will be at least pretty good! Old or not he is pretty hot. How are you? we need to get together some time.