I am getting serious about selling things on e-bay now! It is so fun. Today I sold these Salt and Pepper shakers. I got them for free, someone I know was giving them to the D.I, so I took them off their hands. I sold them today for $30.00. Score!! I love going out hunting for things at Savers, D.I., and yard sales. My brother Kevan is an ebay guru. He is teaching me some of the best sellers and giving me some pointers. He makes good money of his sales. I have been looking for a part time job, maybe this will start paying off for me......wouldn't that be nice!!
(If anybody knows that these are worth more than $30.00, don't tell me!! I didn't know anything about them.)



4 comments:
I've always thought about doing that, but whenever I go to DI I end up keeping whatever I buy! I would never pay that much for those salt and pepper shakers but you never know who will!
I thought you already had a part-time job taking pictures of houses? has it slowed down too much?
I just sold some of Sari's gently used Gymboree items and I did okay, until I got to the postoffice and I just about had heart-attack!! I WAY undercharged on the shipping! I am still ticked off about it, but I did make a LITTLE. Still ... I would love to get some pointers. I think that I could get rid of some stuff around here.
I don't want to do it for a job, just to dejunk.
I HATE going to Goodwill and DI (not up here) and Salvation Army. It grosses me out. The stores always smell yucky. We did find some good deals at DI in Utah, but I am not a shopper, I would rather get what I need and move on.
Also, I was randomly searching and I found this website of a photographer in Utah County and she took some cool family pictures - maybe you already know about them or maybe it will give you some addition inspiration.
The website is www.dillydallyart.blogspot.com
Go to Oct. 22, 2007 the Robbins Family.
Have fun!
Love, Tif
Missy,
My job ended in Jan. so I have been looking for something else lately! If only I could get the photography business to take off.
Tif,
Thanks for the web site. She is good.I'm still trying to find the best way to plan for postage. Flat rate priority boxes are good.I am not the pro yet, so when I can give you some pointers I will!
I say have a yard sale to de-junk. You probably will make more money and it also forces you to get it out of the house all at once. My yard sale rule is; if it goes out it doesn't go back in!
So true! We have a neighborhood yardsale at the end of April every year. I am just going to toss all that out. We do it every year, so it is just one year of accumulation, but somehow we know how to pile it up.
Post a Comment