Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Miracles Happen!!


Well today something happened that shocked and delighted me! Connor had to go to the dentist to get his first filling. (no that's not what I am so happy about) First a little history. Connor has never had xrays at the dentist or had his teeth cleaned because he freaks out too much for the dentist to do anything. The dentist could see a cavity last time we had exams. We held him down, kicking and screaming just so the dentist could look in his mouth. So as you can imagine, I have been dreading taking him to get the filling done. I have been preping him and bribing him for a couple of weeks. I told him if he was good and let the dentist fix the hole in his tooth that he could get a batman costume. I told him that the other kids don't cry at the dentist and that he needs to be big. I guess it stuck! He was PERFECT!! didn't even cry once, even when he got the shot! He just laid there and played video games and chatted with the dental assistant! It was amazing and a small miracle. As you can see from the picture he decided that he wanted The Hulk costume instead of Batman when we got to the store. Great for me because it was cheaper!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm french and I love your blog and your family !!! Great...
Thank you for these moments...

Sant Family said...

Also, I hear that the Hulk is so strong and brave he takes excellent care of his teeth and goes to the dentist twice a year! Congratulations, Connor!

Missy said...

Great idea, Jody!! Love the costume!! CAn't wait for the reunion in a few days!!

candace said...

How cute is he! I'm sure I'll be seeing "The Hulk" around the neighborhood. Maybe it will last till halloween and you can get another bonus!