I learned a lot this year about tomatoes and how many to plant in one spot! I planted them way too close and we have so many tomatoes! They are taking their time turning red though so I've had a hard time getting enough ripe ones at one time to can them. I finally got enough this week to do a batch. I just did crushed tomatoes. I can use them in a lot of different recipes. I still have a ton of green tomatoes so hopefully I'll get enough to make salsa before they freeze. Sorry if all of my canning posts are boring. This is my journal too, so I try to write about what I did during the week, and lately canning is about all I've been doing.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Beautiful! I have been canning a lot this fall, at least a lot more than usual, and I am really enjoying it! Not much grew in our garden this year, it was cold late and blah blah blah but NEXT year will be THE YEAR!!
Jody---you ARE Martha Stewart. How do you do it? And more beautiful family photos---where where those taken? Gorgeous! We need to chat soon.
WOW! I can't wait until we have a garden and trees so we can have food to can!! that's awesome!
Post a Comment