Sunday, January 25, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRYCE!!!!!

I threw Bryce a surprise birthday party on Friday. It was hard to be sneaky! I told so many lies to try and and pull the whole thing off. I decided to give Bryce a party because I had no idea what to get him for his birthday. So because I knew I was going to fall short of getting any impressive gifts I thought I would give the gift of time and effort (and stress). I took the kids to grandma's to stay for the night so the house would be kid-free. Everyone that I invited came and it turned out to be so fun! I even surprised Bryce! He called from work and was going to get home too early, before the guests would be here, so I had to try and stall him. I told him to pick up a pizza for dinner and some movies. That still wasn't going to be long enough so I told him to go check out a sale that JC Penneys was having. Well that kind of backfired because he ended shopping too long! Everybody was waiting for him for 45 minutes after the party was supposed to start. We are so lucky to have wonderful, fun, fabulous friends! Thanks to all of them for coming and helping me celebrate Bryce's birthday!
I am a Martha wanna-be. I wish I would have had more time to make some fabulous appetizers. I just didn't have enough time to do everything I wanted to do but I think it still turned out okay, nobody went home hungry!
Chocolate dipped Strawberries! Yum...

Homemade Double Chocolate Orange Cupcakes, soooo good!!







4 comments:

Missy said...

Looks like a smorgasbord!! How fun!!! Why weren't we invited?!! ;)

Joanna said...

What a happy time! And the food looks amazing! I think Martha should be a Jody-wanna-be! You're awesome!

Sant Family said...

Wow!!! It looks like the food was fabulous! Good job! I tried to pull a surprise party for Larry this year - he was 40 - but his birthday, 12-23 didn't work out at all. I stressed about it for two months before I realized it wasn't going to work.

candace said...

How fun!! You did a great job! Every bit as clever as Martha.