Saturday, January 21, 2012

Another Great May Trip!!

I had another perfect trip to see my friends in California! We had so much fun! I stayed with Melinda and got very spoiled. She treats me like a queen, something I'm not used to at all. She took me to get a pedicure after picking me up from the airport. For dinner we got P.F. Changs take-out, because she knows it's my favorite. Another day she took me to get a massage and then we went to the country club she belongs to, Boulder Ridge, for lunch and Dana went with us. Linda, Dana, Melinda, and I went on a two day trip over to the coast. We went to some of our favorite places, Pacific Grove, Point Lobos, Bean Hollow Beach and Monterey. I loved every minute of this trip and being with my girlfriends. It is such a downer to come home and know I have to way a year to go back and see them again!


On the beach at Bean Hollow.
Melinda sifting through the pebbles.



This is a grilled salmon club with avacado. It was the BEST sandwich I have ever had! This is what we had for lunch at the country club.
This is the best meal I have ever had! It is sea bass in lemon butter sauce, au gratin potatoes and fresh vegetables ,mmmmmm. We go here every year when we are in Pacific Grove.




My favorite, California poppies.


Artichokes at Pezzini produce stand near Castroville.




Monterey CA, one of the most beautiful places on earth!


This super cool starfish washed up onto my foot when we were see glass hunting. It was the first time I saw a live starfish at the beach. I through him back to safety after taking his picture!

This is where we almost died! The tide came in and we were trapped. We made a run for it when the wave went back out but it was scary, we couldn't tell how deep it was or how far it was to get to the other side. It was an adventure that day at the beach!

We toured Lula's chocolate factory and got to wear cool hair nets.

Lula's chocolates are to die for!


View from our hike at Point Lobos.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I need friends like that! You are so lucky to do that every year. Great pics too!
You're keeping up! Good job!

Sant Family said...

I love that you are posting now! I totally look forward to what you have to say! I, like Missy, need friends like this, too! Looks like a great time. I'm glad you could go!