I am the ward activities leader in my ward at our church. That means that I am in charge of planning activities like the Christmas party. The theme of the party this year was "An old fashioned Christmas". We had a General Store. People donated items to be sold in the store like baked goods and homemade crafts. All of the money made at the store was given to the bishop so that he could give it to some families that needed it this time of year. We had a dinner, barbeque ribs (that I made, for 200 people), baked potatoes, italian style green beans, rolls and cake. We had a very "real" Santa visit and he read a story to the kids and gave them a paper bag with an orange, peanuts in the shell, a bell and some candy. The Primary kids sang some songs for everybody and it was really cute!
The highlight of the evening for me was the old fashioned photos. We had costumes for people to put on and have a family photo taken. They were supposed to try and look serious like people looked in the old pictures but it was kind of hard to do. Try telling kids not to smile for a picture and see what happens!
The night turned out really good but I am sooooooo glad it is OVER!!!!
Greg and Gina Huff
Connor with Santa (isn't he an awesome looking Santa?)



6 comments:
WOW! I can't believe you didn't tell me about that! Those costumes are great! Good job!
It was so fun to hangout for a couple days!
Jody, don't know if you remember me but this is Bishop Wells' daughter Erin, I was back home for the holiday and was excited to see your family card...your children are so beautiful!! I now have two little boys of my own and love every minute of it. We've just bought our first home in Layton and have a family blog as well sandersonspace.blogspot.com hope to hear from you!
I am totally copying you next year! That was a great idea!!!
You are a GENIUS!!
Love, Tif
In case you don't read my comment to you on my blog (just thought of that, I am posting it here, hoping you might read it). About the game - I am probably not going to make one for Larry's parents (although I have thought of it for their 50th anniversary), not because I don't want to, but because I don't think I know enough stories and I don't think I would be able to get all the pictures I needed. But if one of his siblings wanted to take that on I would be happy to give them a disk with the templates. And if you want to use the template for Larry and Barbara that would be fine. I can email it to you, or make a disk.
Love, Tif
Wow. It looks like you're using your talents to bring joy to yet another ward. Have you ever considered going pro on the party planning? This is a great blog. I sent an email message to you folks but it bounced. Could you send me your new one?
-MaryDrinkh2o
HI Mary!
I don't have your e-mail so I hope you check back for my comment. Our e-mail is brycejody@yahoo.com. how are you? I heard you had another beautiful baby girl. I'd love to see all of you girls again. keep in touch!!
Post a Comment