Monday, September 1, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL!!







I'm a little slow with this post. School started a week and half ago. I always say that the first day of school is the best day of the year! I guess that makes me sound like a bad mom doesn't it? Well the kids are happy to get back to school too, it was along enough summer for everyone. Keaton started 8th grade. You can see in the picture that he is getting too cool for mom to take a picture on the first day of school, too bad. Marlie is in 5th grade and Jace is in 1st grade. Jace tells me everyday that school is too long! It's a big adjustment going ot school all day! He likes to take his lunch. He came home the second day of school almost in tears and said that a kid told him he was fat. The kid told him that he was fat because he was eating school lunch and school lunch has too much fat and is bad for you. He said the kid was eating celery! Sounds pre-annorexic to me, or an annorexic mom. I told him if he says that again to tell him it's not fat, it's all muscle! That put a smile back on his face.

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

I am just laughing at Keaton's picture because Ben did the exact same thing to me in 8th grade. He is TOTALLY sneering in the picture. Too bad! I will always expect first day of school pictures from my kids (and grandkids and so on).

I just am amazed at how fast your kids are growing! And what a little stinker Jace sat next to! My kids eat school lunch too. It doesn't make them fat, but it seems to have made me fat (haha can I blame it on that? Really?)

Thanks for the update!

Missy said...

Kids can be so mean!! And Jace really is all muscle!

Jody Hancock said...

Thanks guys for the understanding words! Jace is the sweetest soul, I just love him! I love Keaton too, but it's getting harder!ha,ha.