Sunday, October 5, 2008

APPLES, APPLES AND MORE APPLES

We have ONE apple tree and for the amount of apples we got this year, one is enough! I babied the tree this year for the first time. I pruned it in the spring and then I thinned the apples when they were first budding. There were 5 or 6 little apples in a cluster and I picked all of them off but one. I didn't want to do it because I thought that I wouldn't end up with very many apples. I faithfully sprayed the tree so the apples wouldn't be wormy like they have been in the past. Well all of the work paid off! The apples were huge, no worms and we had plenty! I canned 30 quarts of sliced apples. It is so fun to see the results of a season of work.





1 comment:

Sant Family said...

That is so BEAUTIFUL!! I just planted an apple tree in our backyard so I need a lot of tips! What kind of spray? How often, etc., etc., just spill your brain!