Thursday, July 16, 2009

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

Going to the parade in Provo has a always been a tradition for me growing up. Every year I say I'm not going to do it again and then I forget by the next year, how unfun it is, and I go again! This year was no different! I didn't think it would be that bad, going early, trying to find a place to park, trying to find a place to sit, the heat, the rude,crazy people, all of the things that the memory fades on from all of the previous years. The pictures tell the story of how the day went, well at least from the time we actually sat down at the parade. Everything started out okay but gradually turned ugly. It was really hot but somehow still managed to rain a little, just enough to throw Connor into a downward spiral. It kept getting hotter and hotter. Marlie and Connor wanted to go home and made it impossible for the rest of us to try and enjoy the parade. Connor got happy for about 1 minute when the fat Captain America went by, he really liked that part!




WHEW!!!! We survived the parade! I am writing myself a note so I won't forget, NO PARADE NEXT YEAR! I think we might try the hot air balloon festival instead. The rest of the day was really fun. We went over to Bryce's brother Ryan's house. He has a nice pool and the kids had a blast! Bryce and I decided to sit out this time since we still had some activities for the rest of the day and didn't want to wear clorine all day and night. Besides, the pool was pretty full with all of the kids. Some of Cori's siblings and their families came over too and we had a BBQ. Lynnette and her family and Bryce's parents were there too. It was a lot of fun hanging out at Ryan's. Lynnette and Doug and their kids met us in Provo at night to watch the fireworks. We sat in a parking lot on the State St. hill in Orem. We had a pretty good view and avoided all of the stadium traffic. The kids did some sparklers and smoke bombs too. It was a great 4th of July. I am so gratefu to live in the United States. I have lived in other countries and I can't stress enough how great the U.S. is. We are so blessed. I am proud to be an American and feel that it is one of my greatest blessings.








3 comments:

ClistyB said...

Heeey I probably ran by you before the parade started. I've never been to that parade before this year. Wow, Provo folk are INTENSE about their parade!!

Missy said...

So we've totally been missing out on Ryan's new slide! I can't wait to go there!

Joanna said...

I'm glad the day ended with some fun. It's too bad that parades bring out the worst in people. We ran into a few 'parade-nazis'. Crazy people!