Monday, August 24, 2009

The First Day of School a.k.a the best day of the year!

My favorite day of the year has come and gone! yes, the first day of school is a happy day for us. The kids are just as ready as I am for school to start. We had a fun summer, and don't get me wrong I love having my kids at home, but 3 months is a long time. So off they go to fill their brains with meaningful facts and knowledge. No more getting up at 10:00 and playing Wii all day! (just kidding, I'm not that lame of a parent, they have to stop to eat mac and cheese and otter pops and go to the bathroom occasionally.)

Bye Bye Darlings!!



They both picked their own outfits. I gave up some control and let them
be "individuals". I'm a little bit worried about Marlie...... okay she's only 11 there's still hope.


"mom, it's too early....."

1 comment:

Sant Family said...

Marlie looks fabulous! She certainly has her own style - so does Sari - and it totally works for her!

At least you got Keaton to mostly smile. We've gone through a few years of Ben glaring because he is too old/cool/whatever to have a first day of school picture taken in the privacy of his own home.

Your kids are beautiful! Congratulations on making it through another summer of wii and mac and cheese. (Not that I would know anything about that. We packed the wii. We did Disney and Nick NON STOP.)