After years of good intentions and wishful thinking I finally started my long-term food storage. Our ward has a dry pack canner so I brought it home and canned some of the basic essentials.
There is a learning curve involved for people like me who read the instructions wrong. I did the first 12 cans of flour wrong so they weren't sealed correctly. I had to open them and start over with new cans. At least it was only twelve. I canned flour, white beans, potato flakes, white rice, sugar, and quick oats. I don't have near the amount done that is suggested for each person, per year, but at least I finally got started!!



3 comments:
Jod,
Way to go! The first step is the hardest!
WOW! I bet that feels good!
Look at you!
So, I have been thinking, and you guys REALLY need to move up here! Think of all the fun you and I would have! I know you'd be leaving most of Bryce's family and yours, but you'd be near us and that would MORE than make up for everyone else.
Of course, there is also, the possibility that the two of us together could cause the earth to tilt off it's axis (wonder-twins activate!).
That's all I'm saying. Just, get Bryce over here and have him look for some jobs in the Spokane area. Are you looking, Bryce? Okay, good. I'll start finding you a home - in walking distance!
Post a Comment