Okay, I have to admit that I have fallen to peer pressure and have jumped on the Twilight bandwagon. I am ashamed and embarrassed to say that Twilight is the only novel I have read in about 14 years! I know, I know , how can that be true? I guess since I have had kids I just haven't had the time or enough sleep to be interested in reading. ( Tif, I hope we can still be friends. This might be the proof that we really aren't twins.)
So, I started reading Twilight last week and finished it yesterday, just in time to see the movie. All of my friends that went to the movie with me have read all 4 of the books in the series. They are all Twilight fanatics. We got in line for the movie, 3 hours before it started. (I have never done that before, in my life.) We were the first ones in line, so we got perfect seats! I went into the movie with low expectations because I knew that it couldn't be as good as the book, and of course it wasn't. It was good though and by the end Edward had grown on me and I decided that he was pretty cute.
I think the best thing that came out of the Twilight mania, for me, is that it got me to read again. I am excited to start reading the second book.



4 comments:
Oh, no, I think the books are fun. I just think they get increasingly into 300 pages of "I can't live without you and I must have you now" foreplay and inappropriate for my teenagers to read.
When you read the next three books, think of Keaton reading them. You'll see what I mean.
That is my only beef.
I think they are fun. I liked the movie, too. Saw it opening night. I thought Carlisle's makeup was bad at times and sometimes I just had to laugh for the poor acting (like the stammering in the hospital when Edward says he is going to leave Bella - haha!) but it was good and I want to see it again.
Yeah, I think Edward grows on everyone!! How can he not? Emmett was my personal favorite hottie!
Tif,
I meant that because I don't read and you do, that may be the proof we aren't twins! I'm sure I don't want my kids reading them in their young years, I heard they get worse (sexually) as they go. I'm just proud of myself that I read a whole book!
Oh yeah I am still a Twilight fanatic! I just look at the movie as another way to get my fixx. I had such a good time going with all the girls, I will definately see it again!
Post a Comment