Connor had his tonsils and adnoids out on Wed. Nov.5th. He hasn't been coping well at all. The past two days we have been in the hospital getting I.V's. he won't drink anything, especially his medicine. He won't even swallow his saliva. If you notice the towel in the picture that is for wiping his spit that he won't swallow. His lips and chin are raw from all of the wiping. It looks like he has a broken arm too but he doesn't. It is just wrapped up because they left the I.V. port in so he can continiue the I.V's this week. We knew before he had the surgery that we would have a hard time with Connor during his recovery. He always refuses to take medication, even the good tasting liquid Tylenol. It's like a phobia for him or something. We have tried every trick that you can think of to force medicine into him but never have any luck. So if any of you have any tricks feel free to pass them on to us!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Connor's hard times. I hope he gets better quickly - for your sake as well as his!
Oh poor Connor! Sari and Matthew won't take medicine either (well, now Sari swallows pills) so we always say, "we'll take that in a shot please!" So my advice is, props for the port and keep the ivs as long as necessary. I would never have believed what my kids will do to not taste medicine!
I had my tonsils out when I was four. I remember that I got to eat strawberry icecream and it felt SO good on my throat.
Hope he feels better soon!
He looks so miserable!! But at the same time, they're pretty good when they're sick!! Cambree has croup right now, but she doesn't scream!
Oh Jody---poor you and Connor! Hope things are going better now.(i'm behind on checking blogs---or updating mine) My middle one is horrible at taking medicine (or eating anything healthy for that matter.) ---so I feel for you. As usual, love your photos!
Post a Comment